The best word to describe a clinical research coordinator’s day would probably be ‘hectic’. Working at a clinical research site can be stressful; from managing patient appointments to tracking study documents, professional tools designed to simplify tasks and improve productivity are critical.
A clinical trial management system (CTMS) can streamline the daily activities and boost the overall financial health of clinical research site. By providing your research site with a CTMS, you can more efficiently manage the day-to-day operations of running a clinical trial. Also, using a CTMS enables clinical research organizations to easily organize their trial data in one central location.
Is your research site looking to implement a CTMS?
The first thing to remember is that not all clinical trial management systems are created equal. The right clinical trial software can help organizations achieve utmost efficiency and success. Conversely, adopting the wrong clinical trial software can make clinical trials even more trying of a process.
The most important factor to consider when selecting a clinical trial software solution is how it will improve patient safety and the patient experience. A clinical trial management system should also improve communications and limit administrative burdens.
When evaluating a CTMS, consider the following factors:
- Team Collaboration: Your research organization should have the ability to access your CTMS from every site location. Look for a web-based CTMS for an easy to use solution and explore the possibility of portals or other options for easy access to the CTMS.
- Compliance: Any clinical trial software should meet all requirements imposed by HIPAA and other regulations. In addition, the CTMS should be agile enough to adapt in the face of shifting compliance regulations.
- Patient Recruitment: Your CTMS should be able to maintain recruitment and patient information in one centralized location. The clinical trial management system should be able to filter, create calls lists, track your recruitment campaigns, and provide other features that will be able to help research sites find new participants quickly and effectively.
- Financial Management: A must-have for any clinical trial management system; your research organization should be able to track all study budgets and payments using a single solution. Additionally, it should be able to set and monitor budgeting, maintain invoices and manage payables/receivables.
- Robust Reporting: Clinical trial software should offer strong reporting capabilities, giving clinical research organizations and research sites the tools needed (NCI reporting) to run reports in real-time. Even better, a CTMS with Business Intelligence takes the complex data in your CTMS and visualizes it, turning your data into actionable insights that let you win more studies, negotiate larger budgets, and increase overall trial efficiency at your site.
When looking for a CTMS, a helpful tip is to create a scorecard to evaluate all the systems equally. Take a list of challenges your organization is facing and then score those requirements from the highest priority to the lowest. This can help your research site accurately determine which CTMS is the right one for your organization.
Whichever CTMS your site selects, Complion’s eRegulatory solution is able to complement it as well as integrate with it.